The Invention Test …a gastronomical group challenge

The grand finale, the  “pièce de résistance”, our Pantry Plunder Invention Test didn’t make the front page of any newspaper or magazine.

It was however, the final stage of a process that has seen the children, (working in groups) with the aim of following recipe below…
1 heaped cup of research
2 cups of careful planning
300grams of analysis 
2 heaped tablespoons of justified decision making ( be wary of excess stiring)
1 tablespoon of the zest of motivated students

There was plenty of slicing and dicing, grating and plating.

Thank you to all of our parent helpers who ensured that safe foodhandling practice was adhered to. 

Thank you to our guest judges who were faced with some tough decisions.

And finally…Well Done Year 6 Master Chefs!
To quote an old saying “The proof is in the pudding” however, in this case” too many chefs did not spoil the broth”. ( ask mum or dad to explain the meaning of these)

8 thoughts on “The Invention Test …a gastronomical group challenge

1. I really enjoyed the Invention Test day! I hope that if the teachers do it again with other classes that they have as much fun as we did!

2. I enjoyed the topic but I guess you can’t always win or come second or third, but dead last, not happy Jan! I learned lots more than I all ready did knew and now I know my cooking needs to improve.

3. Pantry Plunder is a GREAT unit of work. You get to learn new things every time we do pantry plunder.

I think the Invention Test was the main highlight of the Pantry Plunder.

4. I loved the Pantry Plunder Invention Test it was so much fun I can’t believe my group came first. Now I now a lot more about nutrition and cooking. Great activity!!!

5. I loved the Pantry Plunder Invention Test it was so much fun I can’t believe my group came first. Now I know a lot more about nutrition and cooking. Great activity!!

6. I loved the pantry Plunder invention test it was so cool. My group came last but I still had alot of fun prepearing and eating our meals.
    This awsome activity has boosted my knowledge about nutrition and also about cooking.