Come In Spinner…What's the probability?

“Come in spinner” is a term that is associated with the game of Two Up. This is a uniquely Australian  game in which bets are made on the chances of two coins falling with  either heads or tails landing face up.

two up

If you do the maths, then the chances of tossing a head or a tail should be 50/50. In reality this may not necessarily be true.

You should probably visit the link to “Adjustable Spinners”.  

Oh…and don’t forget to do the maths!

3 thoughts on “Come In Spinner…What's the probability?

1. Mrs Kane,
    I realy enjoyed this task, it was realy interesting to find out that in reality this dosent always work the way you expect. When we flipped the coin 20 times it the result was; 11 tails and 9 heads. I tried this at home and ended up with 7 tails and 13 heads. I think we should try a task similar to this again because it is very enjoyable while learning something quite interesting!

2. Mrs Kane,

I really had a blast in this weeks maths problem, it’s like no other. When I heard we were doing coin flipping, I said to myself ‘No not coin flipping’ but I was wrong. It was acctually really interesting. Thankyou. I know for a fact that I will be teaching my parents that for sure. What is your favourite math problem Mrs Kane?

Aimee

3. Hey! This is kind of off topic but I need some advice from an established blog. Is it difficult to set up your own blog? I’m not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I’m thinking about making my own but I’m not sure where to start. Do you have any ideas or suggestions? Thank you.