Welcome to 2011

Dear Parents,
This morning has signalled the start of a new school year… no more sleepy mornings, leisurely breakfasts and routine free days.
These will be replaced by the annoying  sound of a morning  alarm, preparation of  school lunches and hectic weekly routines.

Having said that, I would like to welcome you to our ‘Grade 6B learning community’ and our class blog. Regular visits to our class blog will enable you to keep in touch with what is happening in the classroom. It also serves as a communication tool between school and home in relation to important dates and forthcoming events.

Today the children were issued with their student diary. Each day it must be taken home and returned to school the next day.

Students have been set a weekly goal. Yes, I know that this is a very short week, so I have kept it simple.

They have been asked to talk about their day and share with you the ‘Smart Learning Behaviour’ document that is pasted in their diary. Children should be able to discuss each point in some detail.

The document also appears on the sidebar of this blog under the title ” For You To Read” . Click on the document to enlarge it for easy reading.

3 thoughts on “Welcome to 2011

1. Mrs Kane,
    I shared my ‘Smart Learning Behaviour’ with my mum and I was able to discuss then with her as well. And I also shared my day with mum and I said that we did more work today than we ever do on any other day in grade 5 or under.

2. Mrs Kane
    The first day was a very interesting day as one minute we were doing really hard work then we read the picture story book “Owen”. Just as Mercedes I shared the smart learning behavior and my fantastic day.
    Elise

3. I also think that the first day was interesting we got straght in to work and I was very suprised on how much we got done.