The Three R’s..rehearse, rehearse,rehearse!

This weekend you have been asked to prepare for the presentation of  your Learning Portfolio to mum and dad.

So…hopefully you have your portfolio and your script at home with you this weekend.

Now what?            Rehearse! Rehearse ! Rehearse!

Here are a few tips to help you with your rehearsal.

• Practise your presentation aloud (it will not be as helpful if you just say it in your head).  Sometimes talking to yourself is not a sign of madness. ( an old fashioned saying)
  • Do not rush. Speak more slowly and clearly than you normally would.
  • Practise maintaining eye-contact with mum or dad.

and once you have rehearsed and rehearsed…

• Don’t read it. It may be helpful to create some  cue cards with simple dot points OR you may be more comfortable with your script as it is.
  • Finally, remember what we spoke about today in class. Learning is about taking risks and working outside our comfort zone.

Oh and… ‘A’ is for EFFORT!

So…rehearse, rehearse, rehearse!

2 thoughts on “The Three R’s..rehearse, rehearse,rehearse!

1. Mrs Kane,
    At the dinner table I managed to keep eye contact with Dad for a really long time and I think he thought I was acting strangely. Thank you for the tips and hopefully I will remember my script off by heart by Thursday.
    Kyla. 🙂

• Good for you Kyla!
      However, when I mentioned practising maintaining eye contact with mum or dad I meant that you would do so while you were rehearing your script.. not at the dinner table while you were eating. Dad probably was quite right to think that something was a little bit weird.
      Mrs Kane