Portfolio Presentation…it’s all over!

All that effort preparing your portfolio, writing your script and rehearsing.
Did it pay off?

How did you feel during your presentation and how do you feel now that it is all over?

What feedback did mum and dad give you?

20 thoughts on “Portfolio Presentation…it’s all over!

1. Hi Mrs. Kane
    I was nervous before the presentation because I don’t normally talk to mum the way I had to. But during the presentation I wasn’t that nervous but I had trouble looking up at mum without feeling a little awkward.

• Oh, I almost forgot. … Mum asked why was their so much work not highlighted on my portfolio audit check list. She also said I did a good job on my ANZAC letter.

2. Mrs Kane,
    I was so nervous before hand because I was concerned that my parents weren’t going to show up and that I was going to forget the whole thing. I now feel so silly for worrying needlessly. Some of the comments my parents gave me afterwards were that next time I should make sure that I present my portfolio a little bit more carefully and that I did well with keeping my pace and maintaining eye-contact.
    Kyla. 🙂

3. This portfolio presentation task definately put me outside of my comfort zone because we had to speak in such sophisticated language. After I finished the presentation I was so happy that I got through with out a mistake. When I got home after the presentation Mum and Dad said that I have improved dramatically in my presentation skills. I was happy that my portfolio was up to date so I didn’t have to share a blank page. Overall the night was a success.

4. Hi,
    Before the presentation I was a bit nerves but I realized that there was nothing to be nervous about. After the presentation I felt a lot more better and my mum commented on how I presented. I need to do more work in my portfolio.

5. Hi Mrs Kane
    I can definitely say that all the rehearsal did pay off. Before the presentation I was exceedingly nervous thinking I may forget my lines. Not just before but also during the performance. I think all the anxiety made me perform better however, because I could never remember the last two paragraphs but in the performance I did. I believe this 3-way conference was a great way to show my parents my portfolio in more depth.

6. Mrs. Kane
    I feel so relieved that it’s over. I felt proud because I had worked to the best of my ability. I think that Mum and Dad enjoyed the presentation and I think that they learnt a lot about my learning and my strengths and weaknesses.
    Before I started the presentation I felt nervous because I thought that I might forget my lines or say something wrong or embarrassing. During the presentation I felt scared because I didn’t know what Mum and Dad where thinking. After the presentation I felt relieved and a bit silly for thinking that it would turn out a whole disaster.
    Nick

7. Mrs Kane,
    I was so nervous before hand because I was concerned that my parents weren’t going to show up and that I was going to forget my script. I now feel so silly for worrying needlessly.
    Some of the feedback my parents gave me afterwards was that next time I should make sure that I present my portfolio a little bit more carefully. They also said that I did well with keeping my pace and maintaining eye-contact.
    Kyla. 🙂

8. to Mrs Kane

Before the presentation:I was feeling a bit nervous I was nevous because mum was there with Mr Kane and because I thourght I would keep stopping and starting.

During:It felt a little strange me being the only one talking and I kept stopping and looking at my script towards the end.

After:After it was over I felt relieved because the presentation was finally over and I also felt a little silly for thinking it would be so bad when it was good
    from Maddy

9. Mrs Kane,
    For me this activity was quite challenging however I was very happy with my final product.
    Before my presentation I was feeling quite unsure about what was going to happen. I wasn’t sure if I would forget my lines or if mum and dad would like my presentation. Finally when my presentation was over I was relieved and exited that it was done.
    Mum and Dad were very proud of me. Mum said that she knows how hard I work at home however dad was very impressed.
    Grace

10. to Mrs Kane

Before the presentation:I was feeling a bit nervous I was nervous because mum was there with Mr Kane and because I thourght I would keep stopping and starting.

from Maddy

11. Dear Mrs Kane,
    In my portfolio presentation I was nervous about the presentation. In the presentation I thought that I will miss words in my script. I felt it was hard to share my work with my Mum and the teacher and to talk about my work. Now its done I feel relieved that it was finnished. After the presentation I worked on my portfolio to get it up to date.

12. To Mrs Kane

Before the presentation:I was feeling a bit nervous. I was nervous because mum was there with Mrs Kane and because I thought I would keep stopping and starting.

from Maddy

13. I think all the effort and practice I put into our portfolio script payed off because my mum was very impressed with my presentation.

I felt nervous during my presentation because Mrs Kane and my mum were there to listen to me. When I finished I felt relieved that it was over.

My mum was happy with my presentation she said that I had explained everything very well. my mum also said that when I forgot my line I recovered quickly though I do not agree.

14. In the middle of the portfolio presentation I was nervous about talking to my dad so formally. At the end I was relieved to get it over and done with.
    My dad’s comment to me was that it was the best portfolio presentation he seen, including those of my brother and sister.

15. Hello Mrs Kane,
    Before the presentation started I was extremely nervous because I thought that I was going to forget my lines. After the presentation finished I was relieved that it was all over.
    Even though I wasn’t too confident during my presentation I am proud of myself because I did the best I could. When I had to explain what Google Sketch Up I choked because wasn’t sure how to explain it. Over all I am happy of all the time I put in to practice my presentation, I think it paid off.
    Charlotte.

16. Hello mrs Kane,
    I felt very nervous when I was about to present my learning portfolio because I’m not used to speaking in front of my mum and the teacher at the same time. I was also worried about making mistakes which I did.

Thankfully my mum did not notice.At the end of my learning portfolio presentation I felt very relieved to finally finish.I thought that this task was easy when I was practising but when it came to performing it was difficult and because I was nervous I kept on forgeting what I was going to say or were I was up to.
    I’m glad that my mum said she enjoyed listening to my learning portfolio presentation.

17. Hey Mrs Kane
    I was really nervous before I presented because I thought that I was going to forget my script. I felt relieved when the task was over because I have worked on this task for a while and I had put a lot of effort in to the task. Mum liked the idea of having me tell her what I have done this semester.

18. Hi Mrs Kane

My mum really liked my portfolio presentation. She asked questions about the work I have done this semester at the end of my presentation. I felt a little bit nervous at the start. It was worthwhile because I worked so hard on my learning portfolio presentation. After my presentation it felt much better because it was over.
    From Jamie

• Jamie,
      thank you for taking it upon yourself to complete this comment at home. This demonstrates
      that you possess a sense of committment to classroom tasks. Well done Jamie!