Table Master…take the challenge

A few weeks ago you were introduced to the Table Master Challenge which requires you to complete 144 times tables within a given time limit. At the moment I have been extremely generous, and as such, you have been given ten minutes to complete the challenge. This will change next term.

I would like to know about your performance so far on this task. Cast your mind back to your first attempt…

How did you feel? What was your time and score?
What improvement have you made? Oh …and there is nothing stopping you from bringing a few of these home to practise!

Capture

19 thoughts on “Table Master…take the challenge

1. Dear Mrs Kane
    completing the table master sheet, my averge time would be around about 7 – 6 minutes and my score is in the hundreds. Maybe some thing what I need to improve on is finishing the Table Master quicker.Q: Mrs Kane what do you think I need to improve on?
    From Maddie

• Thank you Maddie for your comment.
      To answer your question…this week you will analyse your Table Master results and identify which times tables you need to focus on.
      This will provide you with a focus for improvement.
      Mrs Kane.

2. Dear Mrs Kane,

On my first attempt I got 144 out of 144 in 5 minutes and 38 seconds. I was very pleased with my score so my goal was to get 144 out of 144 in a much quicker time. I achieved that goal on my second attempt. I got 144 out of 144 in 5 minutes and 7 seconds. I was even more delighted. I went for the same goal again on my third attempt but I didn’t reach it because took me 10 seconds longer than my second try but I still got 144 out of 144 again. I was still quite satisfied though. So my aim now is to finish under five minutes.

Joseph

• Hello Joseph,
      You have obviously taken the time to analyse your performance and arrive at a goal.
      Given that the goal you will set is to be achieved by the end of Term 2, I think you can aim a little higher…perhaps a time below 4 minutes 30 seconds might be more challenging.

3. To Mrs Kane,
    when I had my first attempt at table master I didn’t finish but on my second attempt I got 6 minutes or around that. On my third I got around 6 minutes again but I got all the equations right. then on my last attempt I got 6.03 but I got 2 wrong. I was pretty happy with my third and my fourth and the scores I got I would rather get more often.

4. Dear Mrs Kane,
    when I did my first table master sheet I wasn’t too bad, I think I got a score of 40 something? My time was 10 minutes. My next table master sheet I did was heaps better. I think I got 60 something. Each time I have improved.

I think a goal for next term is probably my time or getting more done in the 10 minutes.
    Kind Regards Beccy!

5. Hi Mrs Kane,
    My score was 142 at first but then I improved my score to 144! I got the whole thing correct on my next one and the next one too. My time was in the middle, about 5:20. Then I improved to 5:12 on my next one. I think I got this score because I know my tables and I’m reasonably fast at answering it. I think I got this time because, just like why I got my score basically.

Kind regards, Tim.

6. Hi Mrs Kane,
    I am really happy about my timetable master score. In my last score I got 143 in the ten minute time limit. One Left!!! I am not so sure about the 6.00 minute time limit. Can’t wait for more table master. From Grace.

7. Dear Mrs Kane
    With my table master my first score was 72. Then the next table master sheet I got 139 out of144! This time I am going to focus on my time because both of the table master’s both of my time was 10 minutes. This time I am going to try and focus on my table’s and try and get under ten minutes. Apart from that I think that I did very well!!
    From Oscar

8. Dear Mrs Kane,
    I am sort of enjoying table master, but I love a challenge! I wasn’t very confident at the start except each time I am pretty sure I have improved! My last score that I have got is 130 out of 144! I am a little bit nervous about doing the six minute mark because I am still working on getting my score under 10 minutes!
    Thank you very much From Jesssie-rose

9. To Mrs Kane,
    when I first did the table master I found it pretty hard. I am improving on score but my time stayed the same. I am pretty proud of my score. I never knew that I could achieve such a score. HI need to practise my time tables.
    From Georgia

10. Dear Mrs Kane,
    I am sort of enjoying table master, but I love a challenge! I wasn’t very confident at the start except each time I am pretty sure I improved! My last score that I have got is 130 out of 144! I am a little bit nervous about doing the six minute mark because I am still working on getting my score under 10 minutes!
    Thank you very much From Jessie-rose

• Jessica,
      you will be setting a SMART goal this week. I think you will be surprised by what you will be able to achieve…
      Mrs Kane

11. Dear Mrs kane
    On my fist try I got 75 out of 144 and got 10 min out fo 10 min. Then I got 93 but stil got 10 min. I will try to get a better time.

• Thank you Cameron for sharing your achievement on this task.
      This week you will setting a smart goal…something to work towards next term.
      Mrs Kane

12. Dear Mrs kane
    On my first try I got 75 out of 144 and got 10 min out fo 10 min. Then I got 93 but stil got 10 min. I will try to get a better time.

From Cameron

13. Hello Mrs Kane
    I was proud of my result my best was 124 out of 144. I had a goal. It was to try and get finished before ten minutes. But now we are going to be given 6 minutes. I’ll try my best to achieve my goal. My scores were different every time. Once I got a high score then I got a low score! I will try and try to be the best I can.

• Hello Andrejs,
      It will be interesting to see what your time and score will be at the end of next term. You might surprise yourself. We will be setting our goals today. Make sure the goal you set is achievable.
      Mrs Kane.

14. Dear Mrs Kane,

I had a Table Master race against Mum and Dad. First I had a race against Dad. I got all my answers correct in 3 minutes 54 seconds. Dad got 142 out of 144 in 9 minutes 20 seconds. Dad was pretty slow! The funny thing is he makes money using numbers!

Secondly, I raced against Mum. This time I got 144 out of 144 in 3 minutes 43 seconds. Mum got 139 out of 144 in 4 minutes 4 seconds. Her speed was very good, however next time if she was a little slower she may have got more answers correct.

Joseph