Just for laughs…maybe not

Last week we began work on our  I AM poems.

For some of you, getting started proved to be difficult. We discussed what it means to ‘work tough’ and that creating is one of the hardest types of thinking we can be asked to do at school.  ( According to our Blooms chart that is. )  Tim, you found  a website that automatically, or at the very least, with little thought needed, creates poems for you. But that’s cheating isn’t it?

We proved that persistence pays off and many of you are well on the way to publishing your poem. I’d like to know how you felt you achieved on this task?

Now, just for fun, you may like to explore this website.

giggle poem

One thought on “Just for laughs…maybe not

1. Hi Mrs Kane,
    I found that writing poems about your self would be correct saying that it shard level thinking and I found that once you get in the rhythm of writing the poem it becomes a lot more fluent and descriptive but because of all our interruptions with recess and how we have silent reading our writing might become a little bit stop and start. But I think our class has done very well on the fluency of our poems, How ever I do think that we may need 1 or 2 more sessions to complete and finish off these poems.
    This task has been very fun and I have decently enjoyed it! Thank you Mrs Kane. From Jess.