Cybersafety Resources

Below are some useful resources for parents and families…

Department of Education and Early Childhood. This website has some very useful information in relation to cyber bullying.

Stay Smart Online is an Australian government initiative that will support families so they can be online safely.

Stay Smart Online - Windows Internet Explorer_2011-05-19_09-26-05

From Common Sense Media a video that talks about family rules.

Parent Advice - Rules of the Road for Kids - Common Sense Media - Windows Intern_2011-05-19_09-29-09

This link will take you to an Education Department ( otherwise known as DEECD: Department of Education and Early Childhood Development) site on that is relevent to the  topic of Cyber Bullying

Your Digital Footprint…what is it?

We have discussed this in class…the importance of taking responsibility for what you do  or ‘say’ on line, whether it be a comment on a blog, emailing or other communications.

You might like to view this video with mum or dad and have a chat about some of the ideas it presents.

18 thoughts on “Cybersafety Resources

1. Yes,
    I do agree cyber bulling is very important. If you say or do any thing that will hurt someone online it is called cyber bulling, it’s even worse when every body can see it.If you are a witness you should do something about it, because if you don’t you’re just as bad as the bully himself!
    Wesley

• Wesley,
      I think that you are smart enough to understand that what you do as a ‘bystander’ can make a difference. If you can stand by this belief…then YOU will make a difference.
      Mrs Kane.

2. I agree with you Wesley It is very sad when someone get bullied and to get bullied over the internet is even worse. So if you are getting bullied over the internet you should do something about it.

3. I agree with both Grace and Wesley. Cybersaftey is really horrible and if you ever bully someone online in 20 years time when your trying to land the job of your dreams and they look at your facebook account or hotmail, if its possible, and find you bully and arn’t a nice person, even if you have changed, you will still be judged of who you were, not who you are at the time.

• Kyla,
      I really appreciate the fact that you have taken the time to understand the messages inside the video.
      It is difficult for someone your age to understand…but it is unfortunately true. The ‘digital footprint’ you create NOW can influence what people think of you in the FUTURE.
      Great comment!
      Mrs Kane.

4. Hi Mrs Kane
    I watched the video and it reminded me of all the times you have explained it and the fact that everytime I go on a computer my dad remindes me what ever you put on it can stay there for a very long time and most of the time forever. As Kyla said it will effect you later on in life with jobs and many other important things. Also as Grace and Wesley said it is really horrible and can really hurt.
    Elise

5. Hello Elise,
    I am so impressed and pleased that you have had conversations with your dad about cyber safety. Well done dad!.
    The comments I have made to Kyla, Grace and Wesley also apply to you.
    Mrs Kane.

6. Mrs Kane
    Yes I did talk about it with my dad and not only this time, as he tells me evrytime I go on a compputer . Even before you put the video up and before we talkedabout it at school.
    Elise

7. Mrs Kane,
    I agree with Kyla, because you will be judged on who you were, not what you are now. You may not even get many friends when your older because you were a bully and may still be now. So if you want to get a job when your older then watch out for what you say to people online.

• Unfortunately though, many people do get friends because they do things like cyberbullying. I think it is a great thing that the government is actually doing something to help and that there are many sites that are helping with cyberbulying, like greenshot.

• Jack,
        It is great that there are informative sites that both parents and teenagers can access to help address some of the problems that come withworking and playing in an online space. And yes…Greenshot is a handy program to have on your computer or netbook.
        Mrs Kane.

8. Yes it is Very sad when people get bullied and I no we do have a few solutions but some do not work and the suspected gets away with it. And I felt sorry to the people getting bullied.

9. i agree with every one who has commented on this video cyber bullying can hurt people in a lot of ways like saying things that are not true and i agree with mercedes people will not want to be your friend if you have been cyber bullying some one

10. great information on these cyber sites for the kids to re enforce the importance of privacy and security when using any computers at home and school.

• Thank you,
      for your comment Sheridan. Protecting privacy and ensuring security is certainly an important aspect of personal safety when children are working online. Hopefully good habits and correct protocols developed now will continue on well past primary school years.

11. I have to convey my appreciation for your kindness for people that require help with this one idea.
    Your very own commitment to passing the solution throughout turned out to be quite beneficial and has constantly empowered people just
    like me to realize their dreams. Your entire important
    tutorial implies this much to me and further more to my colleagues.
    Many thanks; from everyone of us.

My homepage :: Rex,Hood

12. I intended to write you one very little note
    to help thank you so much the moment again over the incredible solutions you’ve discussed above. It is wonderfully generous of you in giving unreservedly exactly what a number of us could have offered for an ebook to help make some dough for themselves, mostly considering the fact that you could possibly have done it if you wanted. These secrets likewise worked to become a fantastic way to fully grasp someone else have a similar fervor just as mine to figure out more and more in respect of this issue. I’m certain there are
    lots of more fun situations in the future
    for people who looked at your site.

My weblog: Luciano,Ashley