What…we have homework?

I can hear your mum or dad now…”Do you have any homework?” AND …I can hear some of you replying  “No.”

Well this page is dedicated to making sure you know where you stand in relation to homework.

This week we shared a  Disney re-mix video on Copyright.

Your homework  is to visit to view the video again, preferably with mum or dad and leave a comment. You will need to reread the instruction for the activity so that the comment you leave includes the correct information.

Visit our class blog and leave a comment on the post, “How would you do it?”

Also…there are a number of blogging tasks that need to be completed. Remember I will be checking to see who has earnt some ‘blogging’ privileges.

Most recently these include:

• the NGPS working in a team skills reflection
  • adding to your ‘Let’s Vote for it’ page. You need to post your three wonderings along with your researched information.

And don’t forget…

It is expected that you continue your  home reading routine. Each and everyone of you have told me during our reading conversations that this is so. At the very least, you should be reading at home 4 times a week. You should be recording your reading in the reading log at the back of your student diary. Also, even when at home, keep in mind your reading goal.

9 thoughts on “What…we have homework?

1. Hi Mrs Kane,
    I have been reading in the week and I have answered some questions on the blog. I haven’t really practiced my times tables because I am pretty good at them already, although I will get my mum to ask me times table questions to revise.

From: Tim

• Thank you Tim for taking the time to explore the “What we have homework?’ page.
      Yes, you have been an active visitor to the class blog. Tomorrow we will talk about our digital footprint. I’ll look forward to reading your ‘quality comment’ on this topic.

2. Hi Mrs Kane,
    Over the past week I have been reading but I have missed one day only because we have been busy over the past few weeks. I am the same as Tim partly because I haven’t been practicing timetables. Mum is going to be testing me on my times tables and I only have my 7’s, 8’s, 9’s, 12’s, well I wouldn’t say “I only have”. My investigation is quite interesting finding out history that you don’t know about. I am happy with my group and I have worked out my questions which I am proud of. I am so excited for the rest of our year because I feel like I seem older and it’s a big step up.
    From Grace.

• Grace,
      thank you for your thoughtful comment. I am looking forward to learning about your family’s journeys and the stories that follow.
      I’m glad that your group is working well together at this point in time. That will be a great advantage to your progress in this inquiry.
      Mrs Kane.

3. Hi Mrs Kane,
    The Habit of Mind I used for my groups inquiry was a bit of humour because we were all a bit frustrated when we could not find a website. I thought that the habits of mind really helped.
    From Hamish

4. Hi Mrs Kane
    Humour was the habit of the mind I used when we were looking for websites to solve our questions. It was difficult to find the websites to achieve the answers we were looking for, however the difficulty was what made it a challenge but we still had heap of fun.
    Using The Habits of Mind has helped me.
    from Caleb

5. Hi Mrs Kane!!!
    Since it is the 27th of march and we are getting to the middle of the year, I think that we will be getting a lot of homework. especially catching up. The one thing I really need to work on is my timeline. I’m sure it will be very interesting. From Grace.

6. Hi Mrs Kane

More n more homework that is all you do to us apart from 6 hrs at school, any way I have been reading a little bit I had read once the book in 3 days i took it home and realized i read up to 10: past 10 and had not even noticed I had been tired

From Maddie

7. Hi Mrs Kane

More n more homework that is all you do to us apart from 6 hrs at school, any way I have been reading a little bit I had read once the book in 3 days i took it home and realized i read up to 10: past 10 and had not even noticed I had been tired. And I think I need to do some time tables especially 12ths at least a couple of times

From Maddie